2020 AIA Eastern Pennsylvania Scholarship Application
The American Institute of Architects Eastern Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund has been founded to provide scholarship assistance to qualified applicants currently enrolled in an accredited architecture program and who are serious about their long-term pursuit of licensure as a professional architect. AIA Eastern Pennsylvania, with the continued support of the American Institute of Architects Foundation, remains committed to cultivating future design professionals who embrace the AIA’s ongoing mission and objectives, Including the pursuit of design solutions that enhance the built environment. AIA Eastern Pennsylvania encourages students to live and practice their profession within the chapter boundaries upon their graduation. The scholarship is funded by member donations, proceeds from sponsored chapter meetings, and a matching grant from the AIA Foundation.
DOWNLOAD a printer friendly version of the eligibility and submission requirements
Scholarship Award – $1,000 award for two students
The following criteria must be met to qualify for scholarship assistance.
- The candidate must maintain legal residence within one of the following AIA Eastern Pennsylvania counties:
- The candidate must be currently enrolled as a full time student and in good academic standing at an NAAB accredited architecture school.
- The candidate must have successfully completed one (1) full academic year at a college or university with an accredited Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture program. Students transferring from one accredited architecture school to another accredited program are also eligible provided the minimum time requirements noted above have been met.
- Alternatively, the candidate must have obtained a non-professional bachelors degree and is currently accepted into an accredited Masters of Architecture program.
- The candidate must demonstrate financial need.
- Upload all documentation, portfolios, references and essays as listed below.
In addition to the AIA Eastern Pennsylvania Scholarship Criteria and Application form found here, your .pdf packet upload must include the following documents:
- An official transcript from your present or most recently attended college or university.
- A personal statement in two (2) pages or less, (typed in 12-point with 1” margins) on “What can I contribute to the AIA Eastern Pennsylvania architectural community?” Your statement should include information that would help us in knowing you better and determining your eligibility of need. For example: What factors influenced your decision to pursue an architectural degree and what do you hope to achieve upon graduation? What are your goals and aspirations? The personal statement must include a paragraph describing your financial situation. For example, how are you currently financing your education and how can this scholarship help you reach your future goals.
- Sample Architectural portfolio (Include in the electronic application).
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an instructor at your current architectural school, or previous school if pursuing a graduate degree or transferring from one accredited program to another.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a non-relative.
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and relative only to the upcoming academic cycle. Candidates may re-apply on an annual basis for similar scholarship awards; however no guarantees are given for future consideration and/or award.
A fully completed Scholarship Application found here and all required supporting materials must be uploaded below in one .pdf file no later than November 13 at 11:59 PM EST.
Please note that the Scholarship Application found here must be downloaded via the upper right corner and opened via Adobe Acrobat Reader DC in order to be filled out and electronically signed. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC can be downloaded for free here.