The American Institute of Architects (AIA) was founded in 1857 by a group of 13 architects out of Washington D.C.. Today, the AIA serves over 94,000 served by more than 200 chapters around the world. AIA Eastern Pennsylvania, founded in 1958, is a local chapter of the AIA, representing nearly 200 members across Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton, and Schuylkill counties.
- Organize and unite in fellowship the members of our profession
- Promote the aesthetic, scientific, and practical efficiency of the profession
- Advance the science and art of planning and building by advancing the standards of architectural education, training, and practice
- Coordinate the building industry and the profession of architecture to insure the advancement of the living standards of people through their improved environment