In Collaboration with Lehigh Valley Green Building United
Presented by Kristie Broussard of Re:Vision and Larry Eighmy of The Stonehouse Group
WHEN: Thursday February 24th at 6:00pm
WHERE : In-Person Option : ATAS International, 6612 Snowdrift Road, Allentown, PA 18106
Virtual Live Stream: Zoom – Streaming link will be sent via email after registering
1 LU / HSW
$10 for AIA, Associate, Allied and Green Building United Members
$20 for Non-members
Buildings play an important role in occupant health and well-being. The WELL Building Standard is a road map toward achieving this. This presentation will provide an overview of the WELL Building Standard.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shifted our understanding of a high-performance building from one that optimizes energy efficiency, durability, and life cycle performance to one that prioritizes human health and wellness as retrofits to current buildings. Join this session to understand the healthy building movement and how your building can pivot.
- Describe WELL Building Standard components and process.
- Identify ways the built environment can impact human health and well-being.
- Identify strategies for virus transmission as risk mitigation as retrofits to that apply to one’s own building(s)
- Compare and contrast pre-COVID high-performance buildings with post-COVID buildings
- Understand nuances of different building certification programs.
- Define the importance of High-Performance Buildings in a post-pandemic world